Saturday, June 2, 2007

Welcome to the Hawk's new nest!

Dear readers,

Greetings to all from the Big Apple, the city that never sleeps and other cliches about the City of New York. For those of you who are new to my mildly controlled ranting, I bid you welcome. You're in for a bumpy ride.

And for those who are familiar with The Hawk Has Landed, I hope you enjoy my new home. Although I cannot promise the same international flair that you have come to expect from me, I can assure you of a more intricate study than the 700-word blasts you are used to. I now live in New York, work in New York and think a lot about New York. Whereas my previous journal was more retrospective, this will be more oriented to the present.

For those of you who are not aware, I have temporarily given up the freedom of frequent flyer miles for a comfy and stationary job on Park Avenue. This, as you may have guessed, is not my style, and has been done to a certain extent for the rapid acquisition of certain financial instruments.

Relax! I haven't sold out. The tie comes off as soon as I'm out the door and 14 hours a day (if I'm lucky) are mine and mine alone to discover new things, meet new people and fall down new storm drains. And you get to hear about all of it, while remaining reasonably dry and free of garbage smell.

And, as always, keep your travel insurance updated. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Just have a backup in case you can't make it here.

Love,
the Hawk


No comments: